Friday, October 15, 2010

Wyoming Sucks

Seriously. We have spent more time in this state than any other state so far. The roads are long an empty, 100 miles before you see a town, and when you do see that town it turns out it is a ghost town. The Continental Divide runs through it. Chris promises me that the divide is more obvious in the south.

Getting closer to Yellowstone brought more interesting terrain, however night fell about the same time, so I have yet to see this interesting terrain other than closely bordering trees. Also, there are a SHITTON of elk in Yellowstone.

Driving through Yellowstone looking for a place to stay, we went by maybe 8-10 groups of elk on the roadside. they are HUGE. I had about 15 heart attacks tonight. I am exhausted. I cannot wait to get to where there is more civilization. Tomorrow we should be ending up somewhere in Nevada with the next day after that being San Francisco.

While it is neat and fun to see all the wildlife we have seen so far, I am anxious to be back in civilization. I am a city girl, not a country gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment