Thursday, October 21, 2010

What the crazy is this?

Driving along the top of the country the weather was great, sunny, warm temperatures... even in Yellowstone where everyone was like, oh man, they usually close roads this time of year, you'll want to bring chains for your tires!!

But you know what? The worst weather has been in Arizona and New Mexico. Torrential downpour driving along in Arizona toward the Grand Canyon the day before yesterday and then tonight there was so much hail on the road that when we had pulled over for a bit, I thought it was slush. When I went to drive again, I quickly found out this was not normal slush. Hail is ridiculously slippery to try to drive on. Yesterday too, we were in Sedona and as soon as we parked, rain started pinging heavier on the car and suddenly little white chunks were dropping onto my windshield.

The hood of my car is no longer covered in crusty bug guts, but instead little white scratches from hail.

This is goofy.

I bet it's because I made fun of them before the trip for closing I-40 sometimes due too weather. I called them pussies and suggested they take some of that desert sand to sand the roads.

The lightning here is wild, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment